Sunday, February 21, 2010

Make up review

Mascara, oh what would I be without you? I'd be a plain, boring, undefined brown-eyed freak without your luscious definition to my pathetic eye lashes. Since I was about 11 I've been wearing it, and I've tried just about all of them. From cheap drug store brands, to Chanel, to Dior, and MAC. People always comment about my lashes(which mind your are usually laced with faux ones on top). The most common question besides, "Are those you're real lashes?!" is "What mascara do you put on them?"
You see, mascara isn't just a black or white, good or bad type of deal. Many brands have a whole array of mascaras that are for multiple functions. It truly all depends on what you prefer. Do you want long sleek lashes? Perhaps thick volumized lashes is what rives your jive? Regardless, it's always a quest to find that one mascara that will never fail you.

Here are some brands I've tried in the past. Some were sufficient and others were a big let down.


Diorshow
Runs about $24.00
I bought this with hope that it would enhance my lashes to a glamorous and luscious length. However, that it did not. It in fact gave me the opposite of their so called "diorshow" effect. My lashes looked dull and ordinary even after applying it multiple times. If subtle lashes is what you want, then I'd suggest it. Although you could find the same thing much cheaper at the drug store.


Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effect Faux CILS
$30.00
The sales associate who sold this to me couldn't stop raving about it, but it wasn't that factor that persuaded me to buy it. As someone who's worked in retail, I know a when sales person won't stop gushing over a product, it's more than likely not as good as they make it out to be. I was mostly drawn to the fact that the bottle was so nice and sleak and the sent of the mascara was not strong at all. It had a very nice, almost sun-bathing lotion scent to it(which it in fact did have SPF protection). The first few weeks it worked wonders. I only had to apply it once or twice and BAM- I had a pretty close imitation to a faux lash effect.
Pretty soon the brush began to warp though, and that made it absolutely useless.



Chanel Inimitable Multi-Dimensional mascara
$30.00
This was given to me ask a gift. I had never any prior interest in it before that. It didn't do much except make my lashes very soft and non-clumpy.



MAC Fibre Rich Lash
$13.00
I used this mascara for quite a long time. It really lasted and didn't clump even when it started to dry out. Gave my lashes a thick and long effect. Probably one of the best I've ever used. It's only flaw I'd say, is that when it got in my eye on a few occasions, it truly burned like Satan's fist.



Clinique High Impact
$14.00
Fairly good mascara if you want long and full lashes.



Maybelline The Colossal
$5.99
This lasts an extraordinarily long time. It surprisingly never clumps and lengthens pretty well.



Rimmel London The Max Volume Flash
$5.04(at Target, I think)
This is the one I'm currently using. I actually need to buy another one though. For the first few times I used it, the brush worked wonders, but now- it's completely fallen apart. The brush is still sufficient. It's just not that full-bristled brush it once was.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Mascara is definitely my favorite thing to put on when it comes to make up. Currently, I'm using CoverGirl's volume mascara (the blue bottle) but I've always been interested In MAC since people have told me to try that.

    I found this really informative and useful, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've actually never tried CoverGirl before. I might give that a try next. You MUST try MAC. It's really good. All of their mascaras are quite good.

    Aw, you are so very welcome. <3

    ReplyDelete